This module approaches Project Management in a systematic way, to equip you with the approaches recommended by the Project Management Institute (PMI), from scope management and time management to communicating projects to your team. It will consider planning, scheduling, controlling, resource allocation, and performance measurement methods, all required for the successful completion of a project. It will also examine the key lean management principles, tools and techniques. You will discuss good lean management techniques in the context of defining and attaining goals and targets. Learn how to develop and execute a lean management system.
● Demonstrate understanding of the Project Management Institute’s best practice approach
● Plan a project life cycle and map all stages in the cycle, identifying what is needed for each stage
● Understand the importance of a timeframe and time management for the successful completion of a project, considering task dependencies and task lengths
● Understand how to successfully manage project costs by considering estimated cost, variances and profit
● Demonstrate how to develop and execute a lean management system within a specific organisational context
● Evaluate the appropriacy of specific lean management and project management techniques to a specific organisational context