“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.”
Our Masters in Digital Entrepreneurship is aimed at students who wish to become leaders in digital communication and founders of startups. The course gives you the skills you need to turn your dreams into reality.
Today we’re going to look at how our MA programme can help you to take the first steps in your journey to become a digital entrepreneur.
Why study Digital Entrepreneurship at ESEI?
Our MA in Digital Entrepreneurship is unique for a number of reasons. Here’s why:
1. Gain in-depth knowledge in Digital Entrepreneurship
The digital entrepreneurship programme at ESEI stands out primarily for its distinctive and all-encompassing course content. The MA covers 10 modules in total, across a range of different areas. The programme includes the following modules:
- Entrepreneurship: Mindset, skills and ideation
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Business Model Innovation & Business Canvas modeling
- Business plan: Creation and development
- Digital marketing technologies and strategy
- The lean Start-up
- Design thinking and innovation
- Online growth
- Launching your startup: Pitching, networking and funding
- Digital Business
As a student, you also have to complete a specialised thesis project, which is due at the end of the year.
2. Develop crucial entrepreneurial skills
One of the fundamental aims of this Masters is to equip you with all the necessary skills you need to become a successful entrepreneur.
You will not only learn problem-solving skills, critical thinking and design-thinking, but also management, leadership and business strategy. What’s more, we encourage our students to lead the way as next generation innovators. You will have plenty of opportunities to come up with new and innovative ideas and implement them.
Finally, you will leave the Masters with a firm understanding of the latest developments and trends in the digital world - something that will be crucial to your future success. You will gain knowledge of technologies such as email marketing, SEO/SEM, social media, apps and much more.
3. A project-based, practical approach to learning
We take a project-based approach to learning. Our professors give students full autonomy, flexibility and control over projects - and are there to offer support and guidance when needed.
There are a number of benefits to this approach:
Working on projects offers the chance to conduct in-depth investigation into real-life issues. You have the opportunity to experience first hand the time, effort and skills needed to manage a project.
Build up a portfolio of work
By the time you graduate, you will have built up a portfolio of work. By working on problems based on real business, you will acquire the experience that is directly applicable to what they’ll be doing as future employees or business owners.
Demonstrate ability to collaborate
Any successful project requires effective collaboration and communication between team members - something that students are likely to be doing in their future workplace.
4. Learn from leading professionals
Our team of lecturers come from rich and diverse professional backgrounds. Each brings with them different skills, ideas and insights. Their goal is to enrich the lives of our students, opening their eyes to new concepts and experiences.
Some of the professors teaching on our Digital Entrepreneurship programme include:
- Antoine Delmas - is a French entrepreneur based in Barcelona who specializes in technology, hospitality and experiential marketing.
- Carolina Lauzen - is a design thinker who is passionate about innovation and user experience. Her aim is to help others turn ideas into feasible projects.
- Dag Flachet - is an entrepreneur and investor. He has a great deal of experience setting up technological companies in different countries within the EU.
- Denis Boevskiy - is an Professor of Digital Transformation and Finance, with extensive experience as a CFO in companies around the world.
- Tugba Kalafatoglu - is an award-winning international entrepreneur, a global business consultant, mentor, public speaker, and seminar leaderTake advantage of our networking opportunities
5. Take advantage of our networking opportunities
We understand how important creating a professional network is for your long-term goals. Meeting and interacting with like-minded people with similar interests and aspirations may open doors for you later on down the road. And what better time to start than during your studies?
We encourage our students to attend regular networking events, either at the school or in the city. These include:
ESEI’s networking events
We organise regular networking events both in-person and online. These include open days, webinar events, and careers days. We also occasionally partner up with other businesses holding networking events. For instance, last year we joined the startup Spitche in their online digital marketing event, Get Together.
City-based networking events
Barcelona holds a number of events for people to come together and expand their networks. Some examples include Startup Grind Barcelona’s events, the annual job fair JOBarcelona, and a number of specialised networking get togethers on Meetup.
We regularly invite guest speakers in the field of digital entrepreneurship to come and give talks to our community. Students have the opportunity to meet and interact with these professionals. They will gain knowledge about their field and expand their professional network. Speakers have included:
- Vera Mandic – Founder and CEO of BSpark’s Leadership Academy
- David and Jorge Boleas - Founders of Café Fred
- Ben Walker - Founder of The Zoom Agency
- Lesley Grant and Tia Einarsen - Founders of KiCK Global
6. Learn in an active startup environment
Studying at ESEI offers students the opportunity to immerse themselves in one of the most active startup scenes in Europe. According to research, Barcelona is the third most desirable city to set up a startup, behind London, Berlin and Amsterdam.
In fact, entrepreneurship is currently booming in this Southern European startup hub with investment on the rise: €1,767,271.16 million has been invested in this sector so far this year.
Considered the Silicon Valley of Europe, Barcelona not only boasts sun, sea and sand, but also affordable living, a cosmopolitan community and a thriving entrepreneurial spirit. It is the perfect location to study digital entrepreneurship and lay the foundations for your dream business.
If that’s not enough to make you want to come, we don’t know what is!
If you're a non-European looking to study Digital Entrepreneurship at ESEI it is necessary for you to apply for a student/entrepreneurial visa. We invite you to apply for the Spanish government's new entrepreneurial startup visa. Please contact us with any questions you may have about this process and your eligibility.