Strategic Marketing in Action provides you with the opportunity for gaining an insight into how businesses create and launch new products and services, and how firms should manage their marketing activities within an ever-changing marketplace. Using a practical and relevant approach, the module delves into topics such as segmentation, targeting, positioning and the marketing mix. You will reflect on current issues facing both companies while also gaining an excellent grounding in the fundamental principles associated with strategic marketing.
● Identify the differing nature of customer needs and wants within a chosen marketing environment.
● Recognize the role of the segmentation, targeting and positioning process in adding value for the consumer and the importance of added value for competitive advantage.
● Understand the marketing of products and services.
● Develop a marketing mix that reflects an appropriate positioning strategy for an organization of their choice.
● Understand the relationship between sales and marketing.
● Understand and apply marketing communication.