The Earth is the only Planet we have, and we must take care of it.
Therefore, when it comes to Sustainability, here at ESEI we strongly believe that the need to move big and move fast is essential.
We are also fully committed to making the world a better place.
But we can’t do it alone.
That’s why we are providing programmes offering Sustainability modules, such as our Bachelor in Sustainable Business and our Sustainability in Business course, the latter being directed at our International Master’s Degree in Business Administration (IMBA) students.
Both are cutting-edge programmes addressed to those who are looking to have a positive impact on the future of our Planet.
BUT WHAT IS SUSTAINABILITY AND WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT?
The United Nations defined sustainable development in the Brundtland Report as
development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
The concept of Sustainability is based on three core pillars:
1. Environmental sustainability, which is mainly focused on conserving natural resources, mostly by reducing our impact on the Planet and its environment (e.g. reduction of carbon footprints, water usage and so on).
Overall, main topics involved in this sub-field are climate change, loss of biodiversity and pollution.
2. Societal sustainability, which includes among its main topics the compelling need to manage the impact of business on people by ensuring responsible, ethical, and sustainable treatment of employees, stakeholders, and the community in which a business operates.
3. Economic sustainability, the aim of which is to try and improve the way most businesses work (e.g. shifting their value chain from linear to circular).
The challenge with this form of sustainability is achieving a balance between the need to generate profit and the other areas of sustainability.
These topics are usually represented by three pillars or by three intersecting circles with overall sustainability at the center, but can also sometimes be referred to as “the 3 Ps”: People, Planet, and Profits.
Interested in the field so far? Well, then we have great news for you.
FLYWIRE’S SCHOLARSHIPS FOR STUDENTS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD
Flywire, a Charitable Foundation that aims to improve equality, access and affordability for underrepresented individuals and communities is launching eight scholarships.
These are the 4 subcategories that you may be interested in:
- Social Justice
Aimed to tomorrow’s leaders who are committed to eradicating racism, violence, systemic biases and other acts of intolerance, these theme includes worldwide relevant social issues such as policing, anti-LGBTQ+ legislation, religious persecution, sexism, racism and sexual violence.
- Global Health
If you are a student who is committed to finding innovative approaches in order to achieve a better Global Health and improving health outcomes and quality of life for individuals from all over the world, this theme could definitely be your pick.
- Global Citizenship
Is your aim to elevate humanity when addressing challenges across social, political, and economic issues? Then check out these scholarships.
They are awarded to students who embody their own definition of being a global citizen with the purpose of making a positive impact on their community and the world.
- Environmental Sustainability
Our Planet is facing ongoing threats to environmental health that continue to endanger our livelihood, therefore these scholarships will be targeted to students who are actively fighting climate change and other risks to our planet in order to create a more sustainable environment for all future generations.
Here is some information concerning eligibility:
- The scholarships are open to Undergraduate, Graduate and Post-Secondary students in Higher Education worldwide
- Matriculating and currently enrolled students are welcome to apply
- The scholarships are open to all majors
- Each student can only apply to one of the four scholarship categories.
The deadline to submit the application in order to get the scholarships launched by Flywire Charitable Foundation is June 17th, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST / Saturday, June 18th 3:59 GMT.
Moreover, winners will be notified via the email provided by Monday, July 25th and scholarship funds will be distributed directly to your institution shortly thereafter.
Join Flywire Charitable Foundation for the pursuit of a more sustainable approach.
Or, if you know anyone in the world who could be interested and matches the above criteria, don’t hesitate to spread the news.
ESEI: SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO SUSTAINABILITY SCHOLARSHIPS PROGRAMS
As stated in our course overview, students can participate in workshops giving an holistic view of what sustainability is and how to apply it to businesses.
- Talks and visits with successful sustainable businesses and organisations’ leaders
- Attending to important events focused on the future of our planet
- Developing and conducting a project that can make a real difference to the local environment and community
And much more.
Check out our Sustainability program: Sustainability in Business course.
Let’s go ahead and make The Earth a better place to live. Together.