This module looks at four key areas: sports law and contracts, governance in sports, agents and intermediaries and intellectual property. The world’s major sports athletes, organisations and federations are constantly under the spotlight and this module looks at some real cases in order to understand how this side of the industry works and the role of different key stakeholders.
By the end of the module you will be able to:
● Explain the main terminology and concepts used in Sports Governance and Law.
● Explain the main legal structures in place that sports governing bodies need to comply with.
● Understand the value of image rights in sports and the different stakeholders involved.
● Understand the legal implications that come with the emergence of NFT’s.
● Analyse different types of sports contracts.