This module offers a truly practical perspective on the strategic aspects of hotel management, and on its importance to the successful operations of hotels. It covers the areas of Human Resources, Quality Management and Customer Service Management. The course highlights the importance of Human Resources to the development of successful hotels, covering the essential aspects from recruitment and selection to incentives and rewards. It also introduces strategies in hospitality Quality Management that elevate and measure the level of quality for both customers and employees. Students will learn how to implement the SERVQUAL model within a hospitality organisation.
● Demonstrate understanding of the interplay among different aspects of management, leadership and organisational culture and apply this understanding to a hospitality organisation of your choice
● Critically evaluate strategic human resource management (SHRM) frameworks and concepts within the hospitality industry
● Critically examine the main arguments of best fit vs. best practice approaches to strategic human resources management
● Demonstrate an understanding of Total Quality Management and its application to specific hospitality contexts
● Analyse and evaluate approaches to measuring the performance of hotel facilities
● Evaluate the principles of contemporary hospitality design and capacity planning
● Demonstrate understanding of the importance of effective and efficient customer service management in the hospitality and tourism industry.