This module will introduce you to the concept of entrepreneurship: the principles behind it and what it means to be an entrepreneur in terms of the mindset and skills required to be successful. You will be given an insight into the human side of entrepreneurship by looking at what the entrepreneur lifestyle is like in reality. The course will then ask you to come up with a business idea based on an everyday problem and apply the entrepreneurial mindset and tools you have encountered during the course to try and solve it.
● Understand the key principles and the nature of entrepreneurship
● Understand the function of the entrepreneur and the skills needed to succeed
● Acknowledge the human side of entrepreneurship and lifestyle
● Consider everyday problems you face and come up with a business idea that would solve one or more of these.
● Demonstrate and critically appraise the fundamentals of entrepreneurship, including understanding entrepreneurial opportunities, innovation and creativity, franchising, development and managing the growth of a small business.