This module develops your understanding of the fundamentals of operations management, introducing key concepts and enabling them to critically evaluate process efficiency in operations. It covers a range of perspectives that are important within operations management, including design of goods and services and their production, as well as the role technology plays within these processes. This module also looks at supply chain management through an international perspective.
● Understand the principle structures of operations management and their use in a range of business environments.
● Analyse the development of the operations management process within a range of contexts.
● Analyse the role of technology in operations management in both domestic and international businesses.
● Assess the design of goods and services and how the operations process supports this.
● Critically evaluate process efficiency in operations, with particular reference to the lean operations approach.