The module explores cross-cultural management and diversity issues that arise when working in international teams, and how these can impact on management practices. It examines cultural theories, concepts and models of different governance and institutional systems, with the application being made to real business scenarios with reference to different countries. You will also look at the role that a diversity & inclusion agenda can play in not only creating a fairer organisation but also a more productive one.
● Identify the key cultural theories and frameworks, as well as the ethical and social questions in cross-cultural management, and demonstrate how they can apply to cross-cultural management approaches and practices.
● Incorporate theories, concepts and models relevant to the global and cultural context of an international business issue or case.
● Effectively engage in cross-cultural management and negotiation exercises.
● Develop an understanding of what Diversity and Inclusion means in the business and workplace context and how it can be used to respond to cross-cultural management issues.
● Identify and evaluate the extent to which a diversity and inclusion agenda is being driven within international organisations, and based on this analysis produce a recommendation plan for how it can be taken further.