Understanding consumer behaviour, be it individual or organisational, is crucial for success in marketing. This module will enable you to analyse the reliability and validity of different research techniques and to critically evaluate theories of consumer behaviour and their application. You will learn how to apply these theories to research within a range of contexts and industries.
● Understand what is meant by consumer behaviour and its relevance to marketing.
● Examine how consumer behaviour can be researched and the ethical considerations involved.
● Examine and compare the internal and external factors which affect the buying behaviour of (a) the individual and (b) organisations.
● Evaluate the theoretical approaches that help us understand how and why consumers buy new products within a range of different contexts.
● Analyse the post-sales stage of customer loyalty, retention and engagement.