More information on: “Tarjeta de autorización de estancia por estudios”

/More information on: “Tarjeta de autorización de estancia por estudios”

It is a Spanish Student Residence Card required for non-European students. If you are a non-European student, and your studies last for more than 180 days, you must contact the local authorities to acquire a student residence card (Tarjeta de autorización de estancia por estudios). It should be applied for within 30 days of arriving in the country. This “Spanish Student Residence Card” is valid for a year upon initial issue, and can be renewed annually for 5 years. The application should be submitted to the police station at C/ Balmes, 192 from Monday to Friday (9.00 – 14.00).

You must present the following documents:

  • The official application. You can pick it up at the office. Original and photocopy.
  • Passport valid for a minimum of 6 months. Original and photocopy.
  • A photocopy of the visa stamp in your passport received from border officials upon entering Spain.
  • Acceptance letter from ESEI that was presented to the Consulate General of Spain in your country of origin before entering Spain. Original and photocopy.
  • Original letter verifying (a) enrollment as a full-time student in ESEI, (b) the duration of the course, and (c) full payment of enrollment fee. Original and photocopy.
  • 3 recent pictures, passport size.
  • Letter of residence (empadronamiento) stating that you are registered as living in Barcelona.