Marketing and Communication – Short Courses
Formulating a Marketing Plan
Implementing a Marketing plan
Distribution & Commercial Networks
- Formulate a marketing plan including marketing objectives, marketing mix, strategies, budgetary considerations and evaluation criteria.
- Determine strategies for developing new products and services that are consistent with evolving market needs.
- Evaluate the viability of marketing a product or service in a domestic or international market or markets.
- Anticipate and project results of marketing activities using criteria related to budgeted sales, costs and profits.
- Prepare and deliver a written marketing plan persuasively and accurately.
- Apply best practice study in theories of distribution and commercial networks to select and evaluate the best approach for a product or service of your choice
Innovation in Marketing
- Demonstrate knowledge of the nature and processes of branding and brand management
- Evaluate the scope of brand management activity across the overall organisational context and analyse how it relates to other business areas
- Formulate and justify brand development decisions
- Critically evaluate developments in marketing theory and their value to specific brands; namely experiential marketing, emotional marketing, guerilla marketing and neuromarketing.
- Discuss and evaluate the importance of CRM and customer profiling to help businesses grow
- Discuss and critically appraise both best practices and potential risks of CRM system use, with reference to a specific context of your choice
- Discuss best practices in MICE for and analyse how to customize the exhibition experience for each generation to maximize participation and engagement
- Describe the leading trends of the MICE industry and evaluate how companies can adjust their Communication Plan to fit these new challenges
- critically evaluate strategic human resource management (SHRM) frameworks and concepts
- critically examine the main arguments of best fit Vs best practice approaches to strategic human management
- consider the interplay between human resource management, corporate culture and the resource based view of the firm
- Identify relevant metrics in strategic human resource management and how to put HR policies into action
- evaluate and understand how HR strategies can affect business performance
- discuss the main theories in cross-cultural management and analyse existing research around a specific case-based example
- Apply theories of cross cultural management to both addressing a given challenge and to self reflection on the cultural influences on your own approach to teamwork, task and communication.
Budgeting & Controlling
Strategic Communications Management
- Produce an Operating Budget (Pro forma Income Statement) and a corresponding Cash flow Budget for the first year of a marketing project.
- Demonstrate an understanding of all components of operational budgets by justifying each figure in the PFIS and contextualising key decisions with valid market research
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental theories and best practices of strategic communication
- Apply theoretical knowledge to produce a a strategic communications plan for a company
Setting up a website-the end user experience
SEM / SEO
- Produce a detailed plan for a business website which includes positioning justification through competitor analysis, critical evaluation of information architecture and user experience
- Demonstrate competence in the compilation of a moodboards and the selection of experience factors to justify site design and platform choice.
- Demonstrate an understanding of SEM and SEO best practice
Luxury Brand Management
- Conduct a competitor analysis to support a social media campaign
- Analyse and evaluate content options for a given social media strategy; including timing, ROI and KPIs
- Demonstrate an understanding of the the creative and design environment within which luxury brands operate.
- Describe the relevant theories and practices of strategy and evaluate how they can be utilised to contribute to luxury business performance
- Analyse the strategic role of PR in an organisation and evaluate how it can be measured
Innovation & Design thinking
- Understand and apply the steps of design thinking methodology to a problem solving exercise of your choice
- Identify the relationship between innovation, design thinking and entrepreneurship;
- Recognise the value of innovation to organisations, economies and society
- Apply a range of Storytelling techniques to create compelling examples
- Apply story structure to make presentations dynamic and increase audience buy-in