International Relations & Business – Short Courses
Geopolitics & International Relations Theory
- Demonstrate an understanding of context-specific specific macroeconomic policy and critically evaluate its effect on strategy formulation in an SME/MNC.
- critically evaluate the interrelations between formal, practical and popular geopolitical ideas and practices
- Summarise, assess, explain and critically evaluate different geopolitical theories and arguments
EU Strategy & Structure
- Demonstrate and apply an understanding of the theoretical approaches that explain European Union integration, including economic and political integration, future challenges, the impact of Brexit and the question of enlargement
- Critically appraise the current state of EU-US relations within their historical context and demonstrate an understanding of the key factors which inform and shape this relationship.
India & China
- Evaluate the way in which the MENA region has changed since the Arab Spring, and analyse the interplay of political, historical and cultural forces which gave rise to these events
- Critically evaluate the Colombian Peace Process, The economic and political decline of Brazil, or Cuba after Castro with reasoned opinion
- Analyse the changes undergone by China and India since WWII and evaluate their impact on each country’s presence on the current world stage as a global player.
International Human Ressources Management
Production and Operations
- critically evaluate strategic human resource management (SHRM) frameworks and concepts
- critically examine the main arguments of best fit Vs best practice approaches to strategic human management
- consider the interplay between human resource management, corporate culture and the resource based view of the firm
- Identify relevant metrics in strategic human resource management and how to put HR policies into action
- evaluate and understand how HR strategies can affect business performance
- discuss the main theories in cross-cultural management and analyse existing research around a specific case-based example
- Apply theories of cross cultural management to both addressing a given challenge and to self reflection on the cultural influences on your own approach to teamwork, task and communication.
- Demonstrate how global environmental, and strategic factors inform the design of operations in terms of broad categories of process design, and to explain how the broad categories of operational design response may be further articulated as detailed process and job designs.
- Explain how operations function within large scale international operations networks and supply chains.
- Explain the nature of operations capacity and capacity management; particularly the activity of coping with mismatches between demand and the ability to supply.
Budgeting & controlling
KPI´s for business
International Financial Statement Analysis
- Produce an Operating Budget (Pro forma Income Statement) and a corresponding Cash flow Budget for the first year of a fictitious company.
- Demonstrate an understanding of all components of operational budgets by justifying each figure in the PFIS and contextualising key decisions with valid market research
- Evaluate and define estimated but realistic income and costs based on the current market.
- Understand the critical role of KPIs in monitoring and driving business performance
- Identify, justify and apply meaningful and relevant KPIs to a business context and evaluate their relevance to overall business strategy
- Demonstrate a general understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Describe and apply the different techniques used when analyzing international financial statements.
- Identify major issues in international management and control systems.
Legal Environment of International Business
Imports & Exports
- Understand the legal framework in which the International business operate and develop an understanding of the international legal environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize and apply basic principles of law to various problems which business faces
- Demonstrate an understanding of central legal concepts in the international business regulatory context
- Explain the business benefits of outsourcing and the three primary outsourcing options
- Describe the future trend of outsourcing, including multisourcing, and evaluate its impact on global businesses
- Identify the strategies and cases of export import business
- Explain the procedures and practices in export import case
- Analyze procedures and strategies in export import business.
- Evaluate the importance of Business ethics to the modern and sustainable business
- Assess how ethical policies work in terms of rationalisation and psychological distance
- Critically appraise how ethical codes can be implemented and actually enforced in an effective way
- Analyse the strategic role of PR in an organisation and evaluate how it can be measured
- With reference to two brands of your choice, assess the role of PR in the relationship between brand and consumer and identify critical success factors.