Hospitality & Tourism – Short Courses
Food & Beverage Management
- Demonstrate understanding of the interplay among different aspects of management, leadership and organisational culture
- Critically evaluate strategic human resource management (SHRM) frameworks and concepts within the hospitality industry
- critically examine the main arguments of best fit Vs best practice approaches to strategic human resources management
- Demonstrate and understanding of Total Quality Management and its application to specific hospitality contexts
- Analyse and evaluate approaches to measuring the performance of hotel facilities.
- Evaluate the principles of contemporary hospitality design and capacity planning
Customer Service Management
- Discuss and evaluate the importance of CRM and customer profiling to help businesses grow
- Discuss and critically appraise both best practices and potential risks of CRM system use
- Discuss best practices in MICE for and analyse how to customize the exhibition experience for each generation to maximize participation and engagement
- Describe the leading trends of the MICE industry and evaluate a company can adjust their Communication Plan to fit these new challenges
- Describe the behaviours required to create positive outcomes for your customers
- Identify customer behaviour types and how these can be effectively accommodated within a hospitality context
International Human Ressources Management
Budgeting and controlling
- critically evaluate strategic human resource management (SHRM) frameworks and concepts
- critically examine the main arguments of best fit Vs best practice approaches to strategic human management
- consider the interplay between human resource management, corporate culture and the resource based view of the firm
- Identify relevant metrics in strategic human resource management and how to put HR policies into action
- evaluate and understand how HR strategies can affect business performance
- discuss the main theories in cross-cultural management and analyse existing research around a specific case-based example
- Apply theories of cross cultural management to both addressing a given challenge and to self reflection on the cultural influences on your own approach to teamwork, task and communication.
- Produce an Operating Budget (Pro forma Income Statement) and a corresponding Cash flow Budget for the first year of a fictitious company.
- Demonstrate an understanding of all components of operational budgets by justifying each figure in the PFIS and contextualising key decisions with valid market research
- Evaluate and define estimated but realistic income and costs based on the current market.
New trends in tourism
Tourism industry & environment
- Apply the results of your experiential case study practice to evaluate the economic and social impact of tourism on specific cities in Europe
- Identify and evaluate the impact, efficacy and commercial potential of specific trends which are emerging in tourism sectors
Setting up a website – the end user experience
- Produce a detailed plan for a business website which includes positioning justification through competitor analysis, critical evaluation of information architecture and user experience
- Demonstrate competence in the compilation of a moodboards and the selection of experience factors to justify site design and platform choice.
Luxury Brand Management
- Evaluate the importance of Business ethics to the modern and sustainable business
- Assess how ethical policies work in terms of rationalisation and psychological distance
- Critically appraise how ethical codes can be implemented and actually enforced in an effective way
- Demonstrate an understanding of the the creative and design environment within which luxury brands operate.
- Describe the relevant theories and practices of strategy and evaluate how they can be utilised to contribute to luxury business performance
- Explain the role of tourism destination management at international, national, regional and local scales
- Apply the principles of tourism destination management to develop plans for a tourism destination
- Evaluate the significance of stakeholders in the tourism destination management process and develop plans that meet their needs
Tourism Business models & innovation
Innovation & Design Thinking
- Understand and apply the steps of design thinking methodology to a problem solving exercise
- Identify the relationship between innovation, design thinking and tourism
- Recognise the value of innovation to organisations, economies and society
- Identify examples of innovative and attractive gastronomic concepts clearly oriented to the local market of demand, and extract the critical success factors