Digital Entrepreneurship – Short Courses
Business Canvas Modelling
- Demonstrate an understanding of business type and how to evaluate Key Activities, Resources, and Partnerships to produce a valid business canvas model
- Apply theories of canvas modelling, user personas and problem scenarios to define and explain the offer’s key drivers
- Demonstrate and critically appraise the fundamentals of entrepreneurship, including understanding entrepreneurial opportunities, innovation and creativity, franchising, development and managing growth of a small business.
Market Research for Startups
Formulating a Marketing Plan
Implementing a Marketing Plan
- Formulate a marketing plan including marketing objectives, marketing mix, strategies, budgetary considerations and evaluation criteria.
- Determine strategies for developing new products and services that are consistent with evolving market needs.
- Evaluate the viability of marketing a product or service in a domestic or international market or markets.
- Anticipate and project results of marketing activities using criteria related to budgeted sales, costs and profits.
- Prepare and deliver a written marketing plan persuasively and accurately.
- Demonstrate how knowledge of consumer behaviour can be applied to marketing by direction application of (and reference to) consumer behaviour theory in the formulation of a marketing plan
Business Organisations & Management
- Demonstrate understanding of the interplay among different aspects of management, leadership and organisational culture
- Demonstrate understanding of the Project Management Institute’s best practice approach
- Demonstrate how to develop and execute a lean management system within a specific organisational context.
- Evaluate the appropriacy of specific lean management and project management techniques to a specific organisational context.
Strategy Formulation & Implementation
- Demonstrate sound understanding of the critical components of strategy formulation
- Evaluate the strategic direction of an SME/MNC of your choice and critically appraise its appropriacy and efficacy
- Implement and justify a business strategy for an SME/MNC
Innovation & Design Thinking
Innovation in Digital Business
- Understand and apply the steps of design thinking methodology to a problem solving exercise
- Identify the relationship between innovation, design thinking and entrepreneurship
- Recognise the value of innovation to organisations, economies and society
- recognise the diversity of types of innovation, innovators and innovation settings
- understand the nature and extent of technological change and innovation
- critically assess and explain key current issues in our understanding of technology as a field of study.
Budgeting & Controlling
- Produce an Operating Budget (Pro forma Income Statement) and a corresponding Cash flow Budget for the first year of a fictitious company.
- Demonstrate an understanding of all components of operational budgets by justifying each figure in the PFIS and contextualising key decisions with valid market research
- Evaluate and define estimated but realistic income and costs based on the current market.
- Discuss and assess the suitability of a range of potential funding methods for a particular startup project and critically appraise the final choice
Setting up a website-the end user experience
SEM / SEO
E-commerce and mobile business
- Produce a detailed plan for a business website which includes positioning justification through competitor analysis, critical evaluation of information architecture and user experience
- Demonstrate competence in the compilation of a moodboards and the selection of experience factors to justify site design and platform choice.
- Demonstrate an understanding of SEM and SEO best practice with application to a context
- Demonstrate and apply best practice for enhanced user experience of ecommerce and mobile applications to a startup, within the areas of digital marketing, e-commerce, mobile commerce, B2B, e-Gov, mobile payments, cloud, social media and gaming.
- Evaluate the importance of Business ethics to the modern and sustainable business
- Assess how ethical policies work in terms of rationalisation and psychological distance
- Critically appraise how ethical codes can be implemented and actually enforced in an effective way
- Conduct a competitor analysis to support a social media campaign
- Analyse and evaluate content options for a given social media strategy; including timing, ROI and KPIs
Social entrepreneurship & the sharing economy
- examine the social entrepreneurship process and social enterprises from the perspectives of social innovation and sustainability
- identify key factors leading to the rise of social entrepreneurship, evaluating characteristics of social economy and policy making for social entrepreneurship
- critically evaluate the concept of the ‘triple bottom line’ and its implications on the establishment and successful management of social enterprises