Experiential track – The Internship
The internship can be found with the assistance of ESEI´s Business Liaison Coordinator if needed.
Every effort will be made to find a placement that is suitably relevant to the student´s chosen field of study. This placement can begin during the taught track and can extend into the thesis semester though will only be evaluated during the internship semester.
You will be required to set up a blog on which to record your self-reflection diary; a weekly posting of the tasks you have performed, the challenges you have faced, and the things you have learned. We would expect to see reflections based on evidence of academic reading as well.
Twice per month you will have an hour with your tutor, either face-to-face or by skype, during which you can discuss your reflections in more detail, as well as your progress and the evolution of your objectives. The blog should be well presented, include images, and respect the confidentiality of the company.
We may share the blog on our web or social media.
The posts could be based on any of the following aspects:
- Identifying and discussing goals for your career and internship experience
- Identifying explaining, and applying curricular business concepts to the work environment
- Provide analysis of the condition, performance, structure and strategies of the work organization
- Defining a problem or opportunity related to the work organization and using a problem solving process to explore alternative solutions.
- Personal reflections on your work and academic experience and samples of your work product.